Saturday, June 26, 2010

SUR SORATH

CANTO I
1
Placing his hope in God, set out he
The heavenly minstrel
The bard adorned the harp
With many a tassel, coloured tinsel;
Palace of the earthly ord
He viewed afa, the muse-angel;
Anon to the-skyey-Lord
He down in his prayers fell
“Grant me O Song Celestial
that win I him by your heavenly grace.
2
Walking from a far country
I’m come to thy worldy palace;
I ask for your bounty
O I give call for only heads and heads.”
3
Hearing of your wordly glory
I’m come here a far habitatn;
Know I not, the manner to beg
O I am but all ignorant;
To me such an alms grant
As take away Sir! My temptations.”
4
“Come I to your door O Lord!
Leaving doors all others;
The beggar asks for nothing else
Only this at lordly your’s
That vouchsafe him, such favours
As sing he ccould in peace here.”
CANTO II
1
Now in humility he began to sing
Pluncking up hisheart-string;
The Lord reosing on royal bed
Heard there the strains ring;
Sends he for him unto him
Who did such a sound sing;


And in palace him hearing
The hearer and singer became on.
2
Only few people understand, mystry of the muse and hear;
And those who understood
They had access toHim, in divine art;
“I am secret of man and he Mine”
O hwat does it but impart;
The God and man, both apart
Became they one in singing bards.
3
Being enthused earthly lord
Lavished on singer great reward;
Singing again his songs to him
Returned the same saying the bard;
“I’ve no need of wordly wealth
nor am I of wordly-ward;
For His sake O me but award
The head that is on shoulders thine”.
4
Taking a beggar’s bowl I not begged
Nor am I of te breed;
I’ave in stalls at my home
Many a great and good steed;
How could be for an elephant
I my harp so pluck need?
Of thy head only the meed
O seek I but my dear sir!
5
He asks for head, seeks for head
And save head is not satisfied
He passes not humble spirits
Strikes dead but the dignified;
Bends them down before him
Who go about here glorified;
The Creator Spirit justified
Thus ways of God to all creatures
6
O come ye not ever again
The carol-singer heavenly;
Who’as ever in heart abiding
The talk of head, for Truth only
Many a crew O worldy
Hurled you down upon the earth.
CANTO III
Come he would to palces
The harp in hand crawling;
Song of head he’ld sing
To the world, dancing and calling;
Without the meed go shall not
Except heads, he hauling;
The forts ‘ld come, down falling
Rise ‘ld cries in kingly courts.
2
There is no medium between
The bard and the Heaven’s King;
What is in the heart of bard
Same do the Heavenly strings ring
What is there the very thing
Is same here, the both are one.
3
“Had there been on my shoulders
thousands and thousands of heads;
On every touch of your threads
O I shall I cut all, one by one”
4
“ The real giving is very heard
though giving head is quite easy
And giving it to the poesy
O’tis very great and greater pain.”
5
“So what belongs to ehar-strings
gather ye all in apron lay ;
O select me not turn away
Come I am from a far distance”.
CANTO IV
1
“Welcome bard! That came youin
catch up I now with thyr clue
The secret language that you sang
I now it inwardly knew
In bowl what I offer you
O take that and now be content”.
2
"Cut my head and be content
come not this-wise and beg me;
Keep I but at feet of Thee
All my world and all my things.”
3
Reconciled were all the three
Song, sword, and the head;
“O ‘Twas not worth my head
that you did so thence tread;
Great thanks O Dear Dread!
That asked Thee for my life only.

1 comment:

  1. This is genius. I've checked out this theory not too long ago but this is a lot more in-depth. Kudos

    my page: website marketing

    ReplyDelete