Saturday, June 26, 2010

SUR LEELA CHANESAR

1
Flung I pearl into the fire
And throw necklace I the abyss;
O were HE to return to me Sire,
This sinner would be honoured by Him
2
Lured by luster, you purchased the pendent
Knowing it not, o loser in world
That many a one the accurst Fiend;
Had baited here by such a bent
O’tis to this that Lord went
And came to you, the world of woes.
3
What you thought necklace more
O it was all woes’s chain;
With drew HE love from you
With His worker, now doth remain;
O that HE not any one disdain
In this wise, in this world.
4
I hung from ears golden rings
And swung from neck red garlands
A dorned bracelet on my arms
And wore hair in the parting strands;
O’twas for the terrestrial bands
Celestial Spouse had spurned me!
CANTO II
1
You were wise and so prudent
And knew also way of lord
Yet you thought to be more handsome
By wearing such worldy pendent
O likes not HE-Celestial Love
Of a false maid, adornment;
Finds HE out hy inly bent
O searches hearts, lord of hearts.
2
Wise were I in my land
And clever ‘mid all my friends
Yet what is come I now withstand
Raise I can’t the head for shame.
3
O God! I would-I be not wise
The wise see great sufferings
HE in my lowly and humble guise
Bestowed on me many favours.
4
Dispense with the self-glory
In which you see yourself only
Seek within self-agony
In which HE’s solicitous of you
5
If by entreating fnd you not pardon
Keep on entreating ever
Never in Him hope, abandon
HE is the Great Gracious Lord.
CANTO II
1
All adorn themselves as brides
All hang from necks garlands
To get glimpse of the Groom
All beautify in various brands;
But Lord only at their door stands.
Who go about humble in this world.
2
Decked in several dirty sins
Come I am ugly at your door
Now if You’re offended with me
There’s no other place for this poor;
For sake of Lord, the Saviour
O forgive me all my ills, Dear Sir!
3
O up girl! Be not unhappy
Rise clean dooryard of the dirt;
HE’ld come quite early
Now the Husband, to the humbled sul!.

No comments:

Post a Comment