Saturday, June 26, 2010

SUR KOHIARI

CANTO I
1
O unimandful one! Leave this lethargy,
How come you thus stagger?
The shadows have lengthened out
And reached to their extremity;
Uproot from eyes the sight sleepy
Cry you lest, lost in some labyrinths.
2
Who ever slept so stretching their legs,
On the soft eds;
To those such sleep-weds
The carvan of life left, and abandoned.
3
Slept you stretching your legs, O soul!
O by this committed you great sin;
Had you eaves-dropped at His door
You might’ave heard the whispers within;
Neither you were of His own clan
Nor any of HisKith or kin
Having with His spirit fallen in
O how cold you sleep then, worthless one!
CANTO II
1
O mount! You are flint-hearted
You’ave done me great outrages;
You’ave cut my body so cruelly
As would do a carpenter wood-winded;
O’tis call of destiny past-dated
Else who’ld keep foot on your crags.
2
O mount! Do not hurt me,
I am already greatly hurt;
Remember not comfort any,
But woes, suffering, beyond all measure.
3
O mount! Whelmed by grief
I confided to you my heart’s woe;
Ah but telling you so,
I even suffered more, in my separation.
4
O mount! Daily I my ‘self’
Would scrifiece upon you that in thee;
Is HE and His blessed levee
Ever there held in great love.
5
The Mount has its seat in earth
And the Love His on the mount;
A friend of such a Great Worth
O you’ll not find, anywhere else.
6
O mount! What’ld do to me
By flaring up in the sun?
If you are flints of the ‘Pub’
I am a body made of iron;
O’twas not fault of any one,
His call has ordained me to you.
7
Fly as clouds high and high
I run and run so on the mount;
They do their-seeking on sky
And I my here, in His foot-prints.
8
O mother! my Love is spirited away
By far-fetched conceits
Oh these insidious cheats,
Have brought me great bereavement.
CANTO III
O LEAVE NOT ME HERE, MY DEAR Lord!
Now in this land of pain and sorrow
Take me to your yoke, I follow
O setting out fire, to this valley of tears.
2
Abandon not me in the place
My ‘self’ did slow my progress;
Who were mis-led by ‘I-ness’
O reach them Redeemer! On the way.
3
Whatever good or bad I be
I am slave of my Lord, only
No other intimity I claim with Him
HE’s Most High, I the most lowly;
From of first I came to His fold
From my pre-natal nativity
What on feet HE wore here
O I can’t be the broughue but simply
And so forget Him, such Love Holy
O how could I do, Him Lord and Master?
CANTO IV
There’re no psalms or psalmodies
Of Love on the way O sisters!
So how must I tread to Him
Amidst all deserts drear these
Ah, looking to His territories
I might give up here my ghost.
2
The one who struct me arrows
I know, IT was the same HE;
HE Himself had pulled the bow
Himself it had thrown at me;
Now no one can my healer be
I am at the mercy of my Lord
3
Reflection of His radiance
Is something dark and something light;
And His slaying, the sight
Of slaughter of a goat, as it were.
4
Reflection of His appearance
Is like a darkness, like a light;
Comes HE, the All-Radiant one
Blinding me with His colours bright;
First HE binds on eyes bands tight
Then would plunge me, in the pool of blood.
5
Reflection of His sight
Is like a light that comes behid cloud
O’tis for such Beloved Wight
That I watch on paths, and weep on paths.
CANTO V
1
Sans the Wight, I sit now on paths
And chew the pangs of parting
O why I died not mother!
Before the pain of dreaded departing;
Ah, what’s not your for smarting
That woe, I’ave taken into my lap.
2
Were I to uncover state of my heart
Ony very small O in reality
Beasts would be stricken dumb
And the rocks’ld split of the calamity
Trees wil be singed by its severity
The growth won’t grow up, ever more.
CANTO VI
1
O how should I weep unto Him,
In what way, I know not the craft
Only rainsing my hands up, aloft,
I go about wetting these with tears;
2
O how should I weep-how so?
The way unto Him I do not know
So only my head I down bow
And raise up cries, ‘O come and ill me’
3
Burn who is Hi slove-passion
To them His Alone-ness is the All-ness;
Who are lovers of the Truth
Only to them O take you IT’s love-ness;
Squint eyes, Him as three witness
O HE is but One and One only.
4
Still you’re on the wrong track
From the track you’ld stray away
Oriente yourself on the way back
That find you the path from your own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment