Saturday, June 26, 2010

SUR ASSA

CANTO I
1
Struggle I in unlimitedness
Find I not limit to His love;
And of Beauty of the Beloved
Know I not any bound or boundness;
Here is so much longingness
There but seems all un-concern.
2
Do away with my duality O Sir!
Hold me away from my I –ness;
Stop my ‘I’ before your Thyness,
‘Thou’ only can reach the ‘Thee’.
3
“Thou only can reach the Thee O Sir!
The Beautiful to the Beautiful One”
There’s no any other way O none,
If you could understand this O dualist!
4
This is also your dualism
As you deem not yourself dualist;
Lose this I-ness all
And get away from this egotism;
Go where, neither is the I-ism
Nor is HE, without the ‘I’;
5
Nor is HE without the ‘I’
Nor ‘I’ is from Him, apart;
“I am secret of man, he Mine”
weigh this within thy heart;
‘Tis what all did impart
the Gnostics and lovers who did know.
6
“I am servant and Thou Master!
There’s no un-belief in it or doubt;
Yet who are Thy lovers, O lord!
They would Thee as self shout;”
So what they say Him about
It’s all in faith and rightness.
7
Thus, so long you see yourself
No worship for you is right;
Lose of thyself first the sight
Then raise you but the chant for God.
8
Find you your’self’ as long O Sir!
Ther’s no kneeling before Him so yet;
First selfhood of you forget
Then say the name of God.
9
‘Tis such an abnegation
that raised the servant to Master;
As outward they can’t be identified
So inward in indentification;
Of this all the mystification
How could it further be said?
10
What you seek as Love
Then ask not for image of the Lord;
That is the Real Word
What can’t be known face to face.
11
Though without image can’t be known
Yet think not of His image at all;
Like a child remain but unknown
In your innocence, lose self-consiousness.
12
Lost who thus their consciousness
They found theselves in the God;
There’s no prayers for them now
Kneeling, prostration, to the Holiness;
Abrogating their owness,
They find themselves in All-Existence
CANTO II
1
If at morning as the first thing
They open but, view not Him;
O I’ll scoop them out and fling
My both eyes to the carrion crows.
2
But these my twain ones
Have done to me great goodness;
They’ld only Him witness
Though I raise them to an ass.
3
So first thing up in the morning
Offer your eyes unto Him.;
In this you would to them bring,
A great feast for whole of the day.
4
What some beauties yesterday
They had seen my eyes;
That only now within them
Their splendour doth rise;
Whold see Him in such-wise
O he’ld be happy ever and ever more.
5
See you against common sigth
Incline your eyes inly;
If the world sees in one way
Look you in by the other light;
See you Him through in-sight
Behold you over, beyond the back.

Keep you hence those eyes
See you Him only by whom;
Allow not them any other wise!
O HE is quite jealous, of all the others.
CANTO III
1
Enticing you wit their illusions
They’ld one day betray you leave;
O worldly beauties do not believe
And trust not your earthly eyes;
2
Me mother! The Beauty has combed,
And combed like a card-spinner;
All strength is gone the inner
Let have hands and lifting now!
3
Neither HE abides in their sight
Nor in their insight His Image-presence;
Their’s onl is vain an existence
Empty, hollow, and rattling.
4
O come, be seated in m eyes
That I close them upon there ;
That the world, see you not where
And I also not any other without You!
5
Put not in mouth of donkeys, O Sir!
This my distressful plight;
Lest on some ripe night,
It be very difficult for me to express.
CANTO IV
1
Work with your hands, out there
But look in within thy eyes and see;
O cross the dooryard where
Stands HE over, upon the threshold.
2
For whom we would long and long
That ‘Love’ is we, our own Self;
Now be gone ye illusive wrong!
We’ave known our self rightly.
3
Were yo to see, the Real Seeing
You’ld call every thing but HE;
O dualist doubt not ever Thee!
This Thou then blind one!”
4
This’s not the true faith
As you call yourself-ayer of Kalman;
Deceit is in your heart
And also the duality and satan;
Byfaceyou’re musulman
But in heart the worst of idolators.
5
False are you to your idols
Call not yourself an idolator!
Hindu aren’t you in the least,
Thread is not on you the profper;
Adorn those with the tilak ever
Who’re faithful to idol-worship.
6
Thy visage is like to the moses’
But within you’re worse than devil;
O why not the Mephistopheles
Cast you not away from you.
7
Though learned he court-language
Yet same bond-slave is he;
Who is tied to the two words
How can call himself noble-man free;
The thirsty asks for water
And for food even as hungry;
O he is common of commonality
And cannot be of high-breed.
8
The truth can not be trapped in gate
His love cannot be controlled by law;
When the River isin spate
Walls of staw stand not before.
9
Me my friend, bound up hand and feet
And cast into deep waters;
And standing over gave orders
See that you wet not your vesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment