Saturday, June 26, 2010

SUR MAZOORI

CANTO I
1
Came the cannin’d brute, and awakened me
The dog-that my Kindly Friend sent;
Ran in he barking at me
With his deadly eye upon me bent;
O he is all along intent
To scare away all my sins, by barking.
2
“Yet neither are we pariah by race
nor any thieves her O ye beast?
So why must you them mensace
Who are His way-farers only”.
3
Slay if you must-then slay yourself, Dear!
Assign not to the beasts
I’ll not on my body bear,
The hands of these progreny of devil.
4
“O they’ve seen friend of the Master
So they but go after you
They act not against their orders
And within these remain ever true;
Flock of Shephed when they view
They only bark and not bite them”.
5
“Only when HE harks to them
They’ll come bark and bay
What are said they perform,
Valueless are these beasts of prey;
Otis not their fault anyway”
‘Tis HE that frightens you.”
6
Hitching my wagon to His Star
I was hurled in many an exotic wor’d
Who were i- Brahman or no
Whence came, none knew a word
Even in Sindh I’ad not been heard,
Were it not for Him Who heralded me!
CANTO II
1
The stricken one cannot be angry
And the hungry one not happy;
Yet the naked one and to marry
Has altogether forgotten from heart.
2
Yet better is nakedness sisters!
That makes one forget the marriage;
O leaving off all appendage
Come you out on the path of Love.
3
Come you out on the path of Love
Leaving off lure of greed;
O how could she win the Meed,
Sleeps who the sleep of senses!
4
Bears who not a stripe on body
Goes she and reaches the Groom
Went who laid out in loom
O lost she the union with Love.
5
Neither here nor there, the burdned soul
Earned for her a good word
No rich man rahed the Lord
Those but who renounced all riches.
CANTO III
1
Treading to Kingdom of Lord
O my sins start to shudder!
They’re all going on caparisoned camels
I afoot stumble, stagger;
Ah, how without some mount,
I could do these distances ever;
Great wastes are heard still further
Yet to sit is, beyond my power now!
2
O that going to Kindom of God
My steps go not astray;
And crawling through the cliffs
I meet Him some how, some day;
And see Him there I pray
That to sit now, is beyond my power.
3
Ah, rise not to sky ye trees!
Nor soar up that high, ye hills!
Also weep not my eyes, O please!
Find I so the foot of my Friend.
CANTO IV
1
O DIE THAT YOU ENJOY,
HEE LIVING BEAUTY OF THE Beloved;
That your life you justify
So taking this advice of mine
2
Who did die before their death
They did not die or vanquish’t
They but live and ever-exist
Before those who existed.
3
They do live before those lived
And shall live ever and aye
They won’t die, never O nay
Who’ad dided before their death.
4
High and steep is the Liefe-Hill
And the climbing is all woe
Yet O death before me go
That follow I thee in footsteps.
CANTO V
1
By hands, feet, and knees, scramble on
And with the head too;
And not for a while leave girl,
Wording litany to the Love, you;
You’ave title to His love
You love Him, that you knew;
So come to you if other crew
Take not for one up on Mount.
2
Take you may long strides,
Or go slow at steady pace
What is written even a trace
Would’nt be lessened from your length.
3
That which is writ on your brow
That cannot go to your back;
Now live out that somehow
What HE wrote on tablet of life.
CANTO VI
1
Stopped, I can’t be stopped now
Save seeing Him my Dearest Love;
I can’t help it friends now
till I see not, the Brent Brow
Tomorrow I’ave thrown away
The covenant follow, I cannot now;
Cannot wait to the morning’s glow,
So kill me either, or meet me Love!”
2
Tomorrow she’ad thrown away,
Only today is taken by her;
The one who is so already late
O do not tether her to late-r!
Now kill me This sufferer!
Or make me meet You Dear Love!
3
The tricken one begs for the boon!
And comes there death in the way;
“O were you to come to me today
of tomorrow, the prayers I’ld say
So either now this life take away,
Or make me unite with you!”
4
Striken one give up wedding bed
And renounce thee marriage vow;
Search out paths, there know,
That you find Him there.
5
His vision is more than marriage-bed
Never in this doubt lay;
Be servitor, fill His jars
And waver not from snags of the way;
Better is a moment with Him aye!
Than all the long year with others.
6
And to see Him every time, anon
Know you being on the marriage bed;
Better HE for one moment is won,
Than all the life trifled with thers.
7
The flute cut from its root pines,
The head from body cries;
The one remmbers its old ties,
The other weeps for old of yore.
CANTO VII
1
O I could not meet my Friend,
The days flew
Alack unavailing without union.
2
Ah I could not meet my Friend,
Several suns went down setting;
Now hence myself getting
O first I see Him, then breathe last.
3
I have not met Him O yet!
You’re down setting O Sun
Wait what message I give you
Give it to the Beloved One;
Tell to Him in Kingdom of Heaven
That died she in distance, the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment