Saturday, June 26, 2010

SUR MARUI

CANTO I
1
Neither was there “Be and Become”
Nor any flesh or skelton;
Nor in body was made Adam,
Yet the Lord of creation;
O I’ave with Thee my filiation
Since then I know my Dear Lord!
2
The fate has fettered me here
Else, who’ld come in this carapace;
What was written in my scroll
That has led me to this place
Now without Lord of love
This body and soul, find not the solace;
So grant O Heavenly Grace
That meet her parents, this poor prisoner.
CANTO II
1
On cloak’re patches knit
And shawl is torn to shreds
Prents shall send me clothes
O I’ld not at spin-wheel sit;
Now in what he did he me fit
O preserve sanctity of the vesture.
2
She mends and mends skirt
But her love won’t vulgarize, may
The shawl is rent at edges
Ad it but stitching she would say;
“O lest some one against me lay,
shamed I mays of my country.”
CANTO III
1
Equal to gold ae the rags
What did HE deck me in;
Offer not unto me O lmp!
Your suits of silk and satin;
Better is a thread of the Kin,
Of my shawl, I war on shoulders,.
2
In this shawl were wedded I to him
In clothes these to love of land
Equal to your golden threads
HE bund on my writst cotton-band;
So hwo upon my body stand
I, silk of thine o Satan!
3
‘Tis not manner of my breed
to sell love for gold and silver;
So coming to this calaboose
I’ld not commit any unchaste deed;
My love for huts of reed,
O I shall not trade for your palaces.
CANTO IV
1
Standing in prison tower
I raised my face to my homeland;
Looking out fell from my eyes
Tears in torrential shower;
A cry went from the heart
Raising there keen and clamour;
Ah Kith and Kin not ever
Did care for me in their huts.
2
Had they had cared for me a bit
Slave had not remember’d prison;
But there perhaps O you
I have been forgotten by them.
3
Be draggling through mire of world
For whom went I;
O they did not care a whit for me
Nor for a moment shall come by
Their curtains cut my heart
Their closetsmake me cry
O it’s in this pain, I shall die
The preson walls else can’t kill me!
CANTO V
1
Ah me! All beauty I’ave lost
And dirty has become this face;
And I’ave to go to the place
Where’s no going without an elegance.
2
Ah me! All elegance I’ave lost,
By coming in to this place;
How in this dire disgrace,
Should i go, O how my sisters!
3
Ah me! My beauty I’ave lost,
So how shall I behold the Belove;
Whome the Shepherd had wedded
How that girl live without Him?
CANTO VI
1
Immaculate as I’ad come here
O were I to go back as same;
As though of red rubies, sayth Latif
On me the rain but came
But for all life this tower
Has now stained my name
I became censurable to Him
Being here, O thus to blame
O my head in this shame,
How would I raise before my parents.
2
O God! Be not so, that I die
In this dark dismal prison;
The body bound up in chains
Day and night doth weep and cry
O first to homeland go I
Then come to end m days-over here.
3
Hand-cffs for the hands
Are harnessed of Him, on my heart
O staying at thse strands
I’ad not covenanted for ever.
4
Chains have undone me here
The loads and drags mercilessly;
Yet I will not of the lmp
The ornaments adorn on my bod
O sisters! Pray all for me
That sanctity of shawl I- preserve.
CANTO VII
1
There’s no curb nor controlling
Nor any levy in the land
Plucking red red roses
Bring in maid, put in Manger-stand
People are priceless of strand
And their homeland, ever-smiling Kingdom
CANTO VIII
1
Whispers HE ever in my heart
So how I forget the Spouse;
“HE is not like unto anything”
and I know him not by the Nous;
HE’as built in me within His house
O far from me in nothingness.
They rise early in the morning
That the water in Well is deep;
The drawers get not in day
Who here do lately sleep;
O me but they did sweep
From brink of very Well, these imps.
CANTO IX
1
“Twas their sign, they were foot passengers
with al their assets, trekking;
Ah those virtrous ones migrating
Passed out from this sandy desert”.
2
“Living on this wasteland d
they had spent some days here;
Ah but never again came in
Any messenger from their strand
They ‘are faded like blown sand
Ah with whom I passed incarnations.”
CANTO X
1
“Thinking them as aliens
the trees that you cut and threw away.
O how those dry one know may
If rains had fallen on Malir”.
2
A cameleer has come in from there
With message from Him, true and certain;
That “forget you not me O girl
And die not in prisoner’s pain
Soon you shall be free again
Only some days are you in slavery.”
3
“Thy friends do thou remember
thy Truth they love and cherish;
Send, “sans Him not , never flourish
Godl here deem but dreoss only”
4
As oysters of sea are hopeful
In gracious rains from sky
Or the cranes look to hills
And crave there ever to fly;
So I am plighted there to return
Ah but here I come to this by;
Yet how in prison cell sit I,
Were not my eyes so folded!
5
Learn o friends from oysters!
The law of longing and love;
They beg a drop from above
Pin not hope in water s around.
6
Ah, without the land of my fathers
What days here I passed away;
My kindred will bring before me
At my door those shall lay;
O entering mine huts, I may
Wash clean this dirt of palaces!
CANTO XI
1
Yet what blessing were the days
I passed away in that prison;
Standing up in its tower
I ‘ld rain and rain, the tears on;
As look I shall to my homeland
So’ll be cut and cut and cut on;
O my tears burnished my iron
My longing brightened my bonds

No comments:

Post a Comment