Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sur Sassui Abri

CANTO I

1
Sooner or later my going is to Him
To my Dear Dreaded One;
So let not be lost this labour of love
O Ye Lord of labourers alone;
Unto me this favour be done,
That in life I meet my love!
2
His longing had seethed her
Yet seethed she still in longin;
She’ad drunk Him to heart’s fill
Yet has slaked not her thirst, O never;
From this Font drinks who ever
Her thirst goes on ever increasing.
3
Perceiving from bublbles of Beauty
Whoseo had sight of IT;
Increased had to great measure
The suffering of their longing spirit
Abated not their thirst a bit
Waded though into deep waters.
4
Carry who love in their hearts
Thirst is their, a cup brimful;
Drink such cup upon cup
And kindle in ye-fire this full;
Say then “Hand me O Beautiful
Cup of thirst, but by your hands”
5
Let for waters sake first
She take to wandering deserts;
Then the water shall feel thirst
For her, who is so thirsty.
6
The fools had their huts on River
Yet and alas, they die of thirst;
Love is nearer than breath to them
But they strive not, and find Him never
Not for moment know this ever,
Like great sufferers raise their creies.
7
Sassui would not know, nor understand
The value of His secret converse;
Comuning with All-Knowing Punhoon
Out to world, shall put on her airs;
The unknowing one knew the worse
So lost away all the knowledge.
8
Let lowliness lead thy way
Walk behind it following footsteps;
And to Kingdom of Heavenly Lord
Never any humanly claim la;
Only His love, without thy self
Bear to Him up on way
And to ugly Tempter of the world
Always and ever say but nay;
Doubts and fears, all do away
Hug to heart, thought of Him
CANTO II
1
Seeing that Mount soaring so high
Slacken steps O must you why?
Pull yourself through passes, says Latif
Follow the hosts who went where-by;
Trace ye out the Transcendent Flame
Ask of others, where would IT fly;
And of Him, the All-potent Lord
Never from heart, the hope ye deny;
One Who’s close to the eye
O say not HE’s far from sight.
2
Who enthroned Him here from there
They met Him here, their Mate;
HE’s Intellect, Beauty incarnate
Nearer than single step is taken.
3
High soar where hoary old woods
And sprawl on earth, thick thorny ferns;
On one hand, flare up flints of path
On the other ground glares and burns
There the girl turns and turns
But finds not foot of her Friend.
4
The stricken had seen not before
All these oary woods in life;
The people had no mercy where
And all around them a darkness sore;
There she did make paramour
Only for sake of woes and sufferings.
CANTO II
1
Theree is not HE, thy Love O silly one!
Where thou thinkest Him to be;
Hence go not to the hilly region
HE is here the the Garden within thee;
Aliens are aliens O but see
Know Him yourself, yourself only.
2
Why must you go to the hoary woods
Why not seek Him O here?
The The Loving One, says Abdul Latif
Is not hiddin to any othersphere;
Only be pure, determine yourself
And in love to Him be faithful, sincere;
That inside in you while peer,
Fined you there seat of the Love.
3
Pretenders go to pilgrimage
And seek not Him, right in here;
Those who bear Him love sincere,
They forget to walk by feet.
4
Go yo by spirit alone to Him
Forget going to Him by feet;
The messenger’s mission, how so fleet
O never reached Kingdom in you.
5
And leave not ever, O ye woeful one!
The love of Him, from heart;
As twain shall not part
So hold on to it as your life itself.
CANTO IV
1
Who love not God by their spirit
O how ‘’ld they go to Kingdom of God;
They ‘ll on the midway sit,
Ah these many, the mere wishful ones;
2
Every one would wish for Him,
But none would take lifes Lenten fare;
O’tis not business of a faint-heart
This awesome journey to dare;
Who wouldn’t herself spare,
Only she come and walk with me.
3
His signs were evident to all
In their own being, in the All-life
Yet who with me in the strife,
Would come and walk along the difficult path?
4
Today I shall clean my clothes, mother!
And give them colour of vermilion;
O I shall be wanderer after my Love
Hold not here me in prison;
I’ld from ears, hang rigns of iron,
O like yogis for my far out friend.
5
What covenant had made you O Lord!
While with me, sitting in garden,
O that, now fulfil the word
Given t this, thy forsaken maid.
6
Let HE make covenants with you
All too many and different O girl!
What you could despite do,
Take you if the name of Love!
7
First you keep covenant with Him
Then t Him ‘tis to keep;
Never on those words sleep
What you had Him waking said.
8
O returning I die not mother
Before returning there I die
That last moment fall might I
On foot mark of my gone out Friend.
CANTO V
1
Descending deep into myself,
While I conversed with me intimately;
O there was no rising Mount before
Nor of the guides I had the need any
The Beloved was my Self Me
And lover but sufferings of the path.
2
Thus myself, I became my Beloved
All trappings of Sassui were gone;
He who knows his self, knows God
That’s now my knowledge blessed;
The what others in heavens traded
I’ad it’s commerce here in world.
3
I myself came as My Own Self
Trappings of seeker I simply shed;
“HE created man, in his own image”
its echo every-where reverbrated;
And so the girl appropriated
Her Love, by love by love in her lap.
4
Doubts’ad before undone her
Or else, she was herself the herself;
While she did lose herself
She did find herself, her nearer;
And know, save by knowing her
All other knowledge, avails not a whit.
5
Only for once, let go being yourself
That be you nearer to the Friend;
“I saw naught, save in what
I saw God “unto this tend;
That HE, of all thy Final End
Be not away from you, only in end.
6
Thus knowing, recognizing Him,
O how could I now sit silent;
Fire of love, in within me
Has flamed up and above went;
And “Fire of love, is Fire kindled
By the God” by Him sent;
Now is HE Brow Brent
And save Him, Know I not any one else.
7
O sisters! I was too ignorant,
I knew not what awaited me!
Had I known, I’ad not suffered
By subserving through covenant;
A little converse in hoary haunt
Bound my heart in bands of Love.
CANTO VI
1
Handed me HE cup of affliction
The one who was already afflicted
And burned within me all my being
Like a vessel, that was heated;
Peace of my heart O melted,
Perceiving luring tresses of the Love.
2
Pain will not by prescripts go,
The locks are pulling me by lure;
What I witnessed the Face Pure
And dark tresses falling upon cheeks.
3
She who is so strangled by strands
Wrapt is not in a winding sheet;
Binding round her neck the bands
Dances by feet a martyr’s dance.
CANTO VII
1
Tis not gone on any far off,
But to His omeground, the footprint of Friend;
So wherefore sit you on the way
Without love, endlessly unto the end?
O Godbring her back, send
The love that has abandoned her.
2
For sitters HE cannot be
Nor for sleepers His holy communion;
The Love is won by the walkers
Who shall move on yoked to His union;
Only they attain to Blessed vision,
take who must, the hazards of path.
3
By sitting on path, HE can’t be found
Nor by sleeping, to any one creep
Only those who walk and weep
To them HE ‘ld come, and make Tryst.
4
Get to know from single grain, Sassui!
Ask not of Him from grain-sifter;
Go thou and sit by a great heap
And winnow out dust, from it whatsoever;
That from it find you, gather
The Summum Bonum-Sum of all desires.
5
If His fire has caught you blow it up,
That it soar and catch the sky
And of the existence overhere
Throw to fire all the vestures thy;
And also your majestic’I’
Bring to the Blaze, for entire extinction
CANTO VIII
1
Friendless, helpless, strengthless
And guidless, go I;
Thieves wide in ambushfro me
All brutes in the holes me spy;
Now return to me, O Love, my
Lest die I in these desolations.
2
Though friendless, helpless and strengthless
Turns not back stricken one;
To Him she struggles, strives says Latif
Though forsaken and alone;
And cry she would to the One
Who is the Lord God of all hosts.
3
She laid herself on the way, worn
The death-angel came awakened her;
Revolves in her mind HE may,
Have sent a messenger to summon her.
4
Up O girl! For the gone spirits
One must endeavour, do the best;
Abandon not weary and worn
The path of the mutes, out in His quest;
To you shall come His guides blest
And show you the path unto Him
CANTO IX 1
Sit not there forgetting Him,
Or asking how far away is HE?
Who keeps on plodding the pilgrim,
Finds Him the All Beautiful One.
2
Without guides who seek Him
They grope in dark country much about;
None ever sought Him out
Except through priests of the way
3
O wind! Waste not those footprints
After which I follow His path and fare;
Scatterer! Thse feet of Him
On face of earth I commit to thy care;
Who are His guides but rare,
O, do not bury blowing over them.
4
Seek not Him away from you
Sit not yet Sassui! Here also;
Forsake though going by your feet
Forget, yet sitting on the pat so;
What are the creature comforts here
O let you but all these forgo
Only by the inner spirits go
That distance to Him, all be undone.
5
Worn off what she did so take
That steps did make her nearer
Twisting tore she asunder
The distance to the land of Love.
6
Came to me an exotic camel-man!
And shook me up from my sleep;
A letter on my hands did keep
And went away wedding me to woes.
7
Now alone by myself to His Self
Tread shall I, to where HE went;
And reach His homely grounds
Revel with Him to heart’s content;
So wading through this wilderness
O let me be quit of commitment;
Though hast already left with me,
Thy tiger of love, to tend and attend.
CANTO XI
Hark! Speak not, speaks He,
Listen what HE be saying
Only in sounding silences
HE His hints be betraying
Go with Him be staying,
Get you that gift of His pain.
2
Listen! HE has spoke ho!
Speaks HE, O’be silent;
Not a whiff remained with Him
An echo of ‘I’ existent;
HE cut and away sent, what was tree of your ‘I’ –ness.
3
Some while you be an ear
Some while a mouth that’s heard
Some while goat to be slaughter’d
Some while a knife to slaughter.
4
The knife and the killing goes on
In the court of the ‘I’ –killer
Blood money is the Rdeemer
Of the lovers, in such a land.
5
Ah my eyes’re covered with dust
How must I follow the foot-prints;
Who is, who remove it must
From off eyes, such a blind one?
6
O the eyes of All-Seeing Love
Are always with this blind.
HE Himself doth but find
His face in all the faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment