Saturday, June 26, 2010

SUR HUSSAINI

CANTO I

1

Go not astray- the sun is setting

And leave also this dallying dallying;

Lay not burden-keep on plying

Reach you that by the dusk there.

2

And strucggle not- the sun is setting

Go on picking windings of way;

Who’re on path thus away,

Gather they it is this manner.

3

O sun! set not so soon away

Making late for forlorn ones

First in these hoary stones

O I see His foot and then die. 4

O friends! There are arid wastes

None should company me O none;

Where’s no water no water and way is long

And before are only, flints and stone;

Dying in thirst lest O one,

Send to my Sire, a reproachful word.

5

Did you hear some heavenly melody

Or simply raise your hands to One?

Many a great handsome Sassui

After the Punhoon strayed, were gone;

Knows HE not, mercy O none,

Out to His lovers from of first

CANTO II

1

Some while, in the glare of Sun

Some while, in the flare of Fire

Go you out there aspire

Getting between both these flames.

2

High over head burns upon me

This love-fire of the Lord

O, reproach me you mothr?

The fact but you never heard

Com nearer, I tell you a word

From line of pain of love

3

From my sould for a while

If forsaken be my Bride-Groom

Let there blow the searing simoom,

Ad fall I dead as desert cuckoo.

4

From in yard bring it mother!

What’s there my spinning reel;

For whom shall I go to twheel

That Love of mine has left me off.

5

Out at wheel they say me weave

Pull I thread and comes it not

More I do there wail and grieve

More I make the mess of wheel.

6

Let it blow hot or cold

There is no time for resting now

Lest upon you darkness grow

And find you not foot-prints of Friend.

CONTO III

1

Deem I better than Bhambhor

O friends, that dear desolation;

Where I beyond evaluation

Witness Un-Valued One, with eyes.

2

Those who saw Him in their soul,

They went after Him so seeking

And yet went after the Goal

Though HE would be hiding and hiding.

3

The world was steeped in sin,

HE redeemed by incarnation

Dispelled HE from over people

The fear and dread of damnation

The maids learned how to dye

And made Love their motivation

In came that savior, Salvation,

And sat beside Him all loving spirits.

CONTO IV

1

They were hateful of my low-caste

So hastened before the morning came;

My inlaws knew about my shame

Ah, within the walls of Bhambhor

2

Though I spread my hair before them

They’ld

Leave off and stay not;

O they’ave seen in me the aught

Which is all, entirely defective.

3

Ah I perceiver not inmates those

Who’ere support of my soul a while ago;

Now I, but to the others go

Aand stand there for support loading on.

4

Though I be calling and calling them,

They hear not inmates a one call;

O in the bower of bereaved one

Now hum not wholly the spirits all;

Ah, such calamities befall

The lovers, in this bad and bad world.

CANTO V

1

Mother! Take away this silken pillow

And all this thy wedding bed;

Get away all those things,

That you in the dwry did bestow;

O I, out to His gardens go

Found have I the foot of Friend.

2

To Outlander I gave out mother!

So great the love and love;

That all of sudden came out to me,

His intimation, O as it were;

Now stop nor hold me here

The soul is spirited away by Him.

3

What comes of His separation

That cannot come of His union;

Making wit me His communion

O HE pushed me out of my own house.

CANTO VI

1
Selling hundreds of comforts
I bought of these only one pain;
O’t was, it’s growing gain
That had led me to foot of the Friend.
2
O pain, do not go away ye!
As has gone HE on Transcedent Ride;
After Him, unto you I confide
What be my lispings of the love.
3
O mother! His arrow’as pierced me through
Now hold not me from going to Him;
All the land that lies before me
Now I shall with the blood-tears strew;
See how hovering me, drew
Those hills of Him, the Holy Summits.
4
The pain arose, the summits burned
Scorched was all the land
The hope of life spurned
O I have now from my heart ever.
5
Each has her handful of woes
I but their stocks and stacks;
Carrying on head their packs,
Go I but the buyers are gone.
6
Pains are beauties of pleasures
Renounce all pleasures without pains
O’twas of such measures,
That came HE the love, to my fold.
CANTO VII
1
O that seek Him I, search Him I,
Fine I not yet Him, the Friend;
Lest the yearing might not end
By the union of the Beloved Sir!
2
O that seek You I, find You not
And You be ever-away from me;
That neither I live without Thee
Nor-soul find soace, in Your absence.
CANTO VIII
1
Burning incense to Him, O girl
Go ye with them, with His lovers;
Fall not behind those movers
O they’ll ascend the climbing path.
2
Stranggle not away from it
The caravan ‘ld climb craggy path;
Lest falling back in blank pit,
Find you not way, where they went.
3
O what-some sweet melodious song
Had they brought the heavenly folk
That in the eyes sleep went wrong
On hearing their the call of Love!
4
And that, asked you my friend!
Then away with the formalism
Who saw the Love, in the end
Put away they all the religions.
5
Go you out, rejoice in the Lord
Know you won’t the woe ever;
Who’s Messiah of the multitude
That ‘Love’ I told you in whisper;
Saved you shall be by Saviour,
And I too would meet my Friend.
CANTO IX
1
O come they, and be ever coming
These love-traders in our land;
That following thse heavenly bands
This base one rise as human being.
2
The love while treading here
What foot-prints lef on earth;
These traces on my hearth,
O I ever seek and seek
3
Die I if, O let me die
But among my friends be heard
That worked I for Him in the world
And I was labourer of Love.
4
Had you died but yesterday
Had yesterday met the Love;
Heard was never any may
Had met the Love unscathed.
5
Sonner or later shall I die
O let me die on His path
At His door that may lie
The death of me, a serving soul.
CANTO X
1
Stop not calling out to them
Be seding down call upon call
That reply you, amidst all
Someone may missing you a girl!
2
No one knows in neighbourhood
If las night I passed in great agony;
That I were cut deep by the gaze
HE sent in from His Love country;
Now His sufferings and Sassui
O were going beating their breasts.
3
Ah today too, I find not peace
Amongst my heart companions
They ‘ave borne up their burdens
And are leaving for their far country.
4
Those that are heard sufferings
These I in my cradle got;
O the comforts reared my lot,
Only for ake of sufferings, dear friends!
5
As I grew up, suffering grew up with me
As came of age, the comforts were all gone;
Such fortunes both and the one
O had come as portion to this poor girl.
6
There’s no any love, nor longing for Love
Nor its whispers to be heard
As though IT has migrated from wor’d
Tere seems not a word down here.
7
Whose love has held up You there?
That even by yearing won’t return;
After death what good turn,
O you’ld do, do it now Dear Sir!
8
Do not despair and be melancholy
I am but little farther from you!
By seeing, I may seem far to view
But boundary of we both is one and same.
CANTO XI
1
HE was ‘love’ the All-leaven
His inlaws but won’t Him dispense;
O how to get to Kingdom of Heaven,
With all those void of His ‘word’?
2
O goes out there the Transcendent Love
Let me also myself move;
Doth HE lest me reprove,
Nothing came off, the earth-born one.
3
But of us, the base-born ones
Ever are done ills, errors!
Return to us O All-Favours!
Bestowing on us heavenly boons.
CANTO XII
1
Had you seen Hi, the Lord of Love
O ye sisters! With my eyes!
“Strive there” raised you the cries,
and descended yourself to His path.
2
Had they seen Him as I saw,
All my friends, the worldy-wise;
Seeing all beauty in His guise
They had lost wits, all like me.
3
All are to their loves, plight
And I to Him my worships lay
In within me holds One Love
All the time His mysterious sway
One breath His, blew my way
O what ‘ld be the Tempest of Grace?
4
Keep on now calling to Him
Forget not this, ever so;
Drop not water from thy eyes,
Go and weep thee within ho!
Patience is power, this know
Makes it Love sooner meet.
5
Woe me they’re going away
Gaining ground farther from me;
Ah when vultures of the way
Will come and feast on my corse?
6
With whom she had her roots here
On death she’ld go there go there too;
Perceive Him not here, who
How will hey see Him there, ever?
7
Many robbers hide in the way
Several in the worldly wastes;
Follow the leaders to His lay,
Go you while way-faring to Him.
8
In shroud torn at the shoulders
My head bare depart I shall;
What is other than this all
Ah of me here in this world?
9
O ye despairing one! Lose not heart,
You’ll come to great comforts, Sassui!
The Punhoon with all His hosts, HE
Is great love is coming you!

No comments:

Post a Comment