Saturday, June 26, 2010

SUR SAMOONDI

CANTO I
1
Go stay at the anchor side
Of Sea Faers, ye aspirant of Main;
Lest plunging you in pain,
Go away they to the Great Sea.
2
Go burn at the fee, of those
Wo are come from Briny Sire
Lest setting your soul on Fire,
Go away they to the Great Sea.
3
Go sit by the side of Sea Farers
O thou seeking maid;
Take you while slow steps
They to the high seas will head;
Who on Main home-land made
O why won’t you go and live with them?
4
So long they pull not their moorings
Haste to them, to their strand;
Lest they hasten away to homeland,
Burying their birth-cods in the earth.
5
Ah, pulling hawsers, rainsing achors
Went away they plying their oars;
Now these bazaars and harbours
Are all dead desolate without them.
6
Come Thou woulst, then come
Taking but few hands at the oar;
Here the fast winds roar
And my sail won’t stand the raising!
7
From eyes on Thatta even by push of oar
My spirit won’t separate;
He as though my gracious mate,
Has embraced it y his benevolence.
8
Ah, these were days of my youth
My mate would go asailing;
What do I my neighbour! He stays not
Though I be weeping and wailing;
O me on his rood, nailing
Went away he hoisting his sails.
9
Went he sailing away to Great Sea
Ah me, at this place abandoned;
Aeons and aeons havepassed away
None ever whence has returned;
Grief of those, not turned
O it will kill the wretched girl.
10
O who has gone today
When to my terrace shall come again?
See how sparkles there
The banner of departing boatswain;
O when his separation pain,
Would kill me mother, O but when?
11
Him now remembering all time
I remain ever on the shore
Me but kills and kills evermore
Secret of the Sea faring men.
12
O this love of mysterious Main
Is all too mingled with grief
See how leaving here my life
Went away trading with waters.
13
O that, un-remember you all
What you remember of this trade;
Only yesterday to me made,
And today again prepared, out went.
14
My soul like abandoned skiff
Lies now desolate on the shore;
Omes he not love any more
Asking of its condition or cure
15
The soul for whom doth yearn
That friend of mine is gone abroad;
Now while he comes may, O crow!
Come ye before let me learn
He did not but early turn,
O for some expedient over there.
16
Call you then must me crow!
Comes he wen near my hut
Ah what thse fients all but
Invent I for his coming.
17
Rushes are growing new buds
Cold winds blow, come love!
I have made on Saint’s grove
Many an offering for you.
18
Thorns and thistles are budding
The weeds do wantonly grow;
Ah in this forget you how
The days of rendezvous love!
19
Let he return from truant ways
See how I wrangle with him and quarrel;
To me he said but a few days
And took he these many, out in that land.
20
Ah, away he is gone to a distant land
So I shiver by such a cold;
Say not me mother, or ye scold
Go shal I out or in the open.
21
Only help me live hence on
By talking to me of him alone
Thus rebuild the soul of the one
That has tumbled, as fort with its tower.
22
Go thou my soul! Be ye gone
Seek him out there in House of Bliss;
Find the House, O kiss and kiss,
Steps of it, O again and again.
23
Slender of waist and nose straight
Her eyes moist with dark collyrium;
Did you pass such Elysium
Yesterday by your ferry O boatsman?
24
O it was he, the same dear one
Whome I’ad been seeking here;
If he entered my hut mere
My woes shall be ever undone.
CANTO II
1
To day too the Sea-farers,
Will be talking of going to Sea;
Day and night for mysterious waters
They’ll be having some secret dreive.
2
Whom I cannot forget from heart
Ah by them I not be forgotten;
With whose spirit is interwoven
My spirit, from of yore.
3
See their banners are shining,
They’re coming, spreading their sails;
For these ones, on the trails
O I’ad been ever looking and longing.
4
Ports are many in all the countries
But worth of my sand is beyond measure;
To lowly ones HE gives the treasure
Without ever weighing the value of.
5
Standing there the aspiring souls
Worship on sand the Great Sea;
To Bountilful water bending their knee
They offer their love and longing to it.
6
She’ld light lamps to water and sand,
Scarves on trees bind and twine;
“O that come HE may she’ld pine
“for whom I have been ever longing.”
7
But she who goes not to the Sea
Nor light lamps to the Divine Darkness;
Why she must wish to witness
Then coming to her of the Cruising Lord.
CANTO III
1
Let me re-row that reach I
His shore is too far away;
Nought I’ave in my bag or belongings
That to toll-man for tax I pay
Now do me thy favour, O harbour man!
That some how meet Him I, may;
Standing at edge of guay
Oh I cry unto Thee lord of ferry!
2
They had nothing with them to pay
And ferryman gratis won’t take
Thus standing all day on the shore
The sun did set, I their wake;
But when He conditions did make
The went across to His Port.
3
Ah me, standing at the shore
He unmoored and went asailing;
O it was in me some failing,
Or else HE was everso good.
4
The festival of lamps is come
Sailors are hoisting their sails around
To them north wind ahs blown
They have this all of sudden found;
Now going to Holy Ground
They have on their lips, hosanna, hosanna

1 comment: