Saturday, June 26, 2010

SUR MOOMAL RANO

CANTO I
1
Yesterday I had met a yogi
He was of wandering brotherhood;
A bead roll had he in hand
His head covered with a cloth-hood
Giving an image of the Ever-Good
O went away, wounding my heart.
2
What may wear the sun in morning
The yogi had that face today;
A fragrance came of the cowl
That told the tale of a foreign lay;
He informed me, and of the way
Whence he had returned so sparkling.
3
The yogi was all over-studded
With pearls and gems of Love;
Like candle-moth sohone on his face
The reflection of Candle as red
O the virgins had there him wed
At the town of Transcendent Beauty.
CANTO II
1
O come and confide to me fakir!
How did you find those houris
Ah, weep you tears of blood
And rain you red red runies?
What you witnessed the beauties
O why won’t tell all these?
2
O shaking me from my sleep
Wen away he pointing me the shore
Where Love was surging as Sea
And bathed in it Beauties galore
And said me there ever more
See you shall waves of the Love!
3
Let us go, let us go to the shore
Where come the love in rolling
Neither is curb nor controlling
Every one sees the Beloved.
4
Let us go, let us go to the shore
Where Love is in Beauty dight
Where there’s no day nor night
Every one sees the Beloved.
5
Why its’ no so weak and slow
‘tis swifter than all the steps;
Like sea gull it’ll rise and soar
And in a moment the shore’ll know;
Of they kind, spirit O how
Can ever be failing in flight?
CANTO III
1
As are the red red roses
So they don on scarlet dresses;
Ah, the scent of jasmine
That comes of their heavely tresses
Seeing such beauty in bliss
Love but passionately presses
O of their happy harnesses
a word can’t said be in world.
2
;But, there is no face like His face
HE’s Beauty in all the beauties
Banishes HE from our hearts
Any gloom by His radiating grace
Where remains not any other trace
‘Tis only HE and HE, His splendour.
3
IT’s illusion won’t them stop
Nor its gain them here-in hold
Many maids left they seething who were to the Sea-shore sold;
The wenches frisked, gambol’d
The pilgrims yet went them passing.
CANTO IV
Burned I candle all night
Ah, morning light shows on sky
For Gods sake now return , my Love!
Without thee or I shall die;
Calling you in yearning thy
O I’ave flown all crows of Kak.
2
Standing for him al night
Saw I Pleides in sky go down;
One He and other His mount
O coming to me, see I might;
When but broke day light
O tears ran down my heeks.
3
“Ah raising the wick of lamp
Ia’ve all its oil spent
Come in now my Transcendent Love!
Monting on thy Holy Beast, brent;
O all night weeping thus went
Crying and calling unto THEE”
4
The orions are dropping to sleep
Pleiads are upon milky way;
Came HE not last night Love,
His coming hour ah, passed away;
Cursed be this damed dark night,
That pass I without Him aye;
O plunging me in dis-array
Reposed HE out at His Home
5
Come away Love! Ye Comforter!
The All-Great Lord of lands;
Lowly spirits long for you!
Thy brides for spousal bands;
O from upon me Thy hands,
Lift not away ye Lord! Ever more
CANTO V
1
Go straight on this path
Turn not head this way or that;
Else fall upon you’ld flat
A blow on head-sayeth Latif.
2
Turn not to this way or that
Only the path of Love, follow;
Remember today or tomorrow
They’ll be intering you in earth.
3
The earth that is under my feet
The same earth is over body of my friend
All great and mighty- we have seen
Standing-in the earth descend;
Life is for two days, O comprehend
So awake and strive, says Latif.
CANTO VI
1
Ah, today HE won’t talk with me
Daily HE’ld be in His cottage;
Perhaps, has taken to me an umbrage
O spinyard is desolate without Him.
2
Ah, today I see not those
With whom I shall spin the wheel
Now only at Temple-temenos
I’ld look for them and languish.
CANTO VII
1
O sisters! To my spirits,
My Love has brought great sufferings
Seeing not Him at temenos
My sould is shred in shiverings
Hearing Him not, in whispering
O it runs amok and would not rest.
2
O come down my Dear Love!
Forgive my faults all, any;
Thou art Lord to so many
And to me, but the only Groom.
3
What’ave I to do with gardens
That on skirts of Town be?
Sans the soul of love, my Lord
They wouldn’t give heart, any glee;
O binding a rope about me
HE hales me as boat behind Him
CANTO VIII
1
O I would not be wary, O ne!
And indulge into sings ever again;
O’t was that they came back to me,
Today, tomorrow and yesterday.
2
o i would not be wary, O ne!
and where would fall in falts
there they’ll make assaults
and fight with me face to face.
3
O Sir! I was wholly dross
Your touch turned me to gold;
Of my ills this is the state
Of my state, this is the loss
All of my evils such gross
O be thou coverer, Dear Love!
4
The Love did cover me by Him
Or else were I naked in world
Screening by a fascia slim
HE made me His image on earth.
5
The love did cover me up
Or else I was naked before;
Creating from wordly core
HE made me His image on earth.
6
HE covered me when I came
Else I was naked in the world;
Keeping on me His own name
HE made me His image on earth.
7
He made me His image on earth
By covering me under His cloak;
Now rejoicing I on the heath
Strut and stalk as bride;
CANTO IX
1
A new message came to me fom Him
Again on the last night;
O I had from Him, saith Latif
What is all this, the heavenly sight;
Why ask the caste? O one might
Get it if one goes to Him
2
Where must I drive my camel
All is radiance and radiance;
In within is Celestial Sea
In within the Far Habitance;
IT’s only HE, His effulgence
There is no anyone other than Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment