Saturday, June 26, 2010

SUR KAPAITI

CANTO I
1
Though yoube a skilled spinner
Yet spin not a wheel alone;
Seen had HE the All-Knowing One
Some knots in your human fibres.
2
Ah you’ll not spin O soul!
But lie stretching your libs and sleep;
Tomorrow when Eid ‘ll come
O you among friends naked shall creep!
Ah, there you’ll bitterly weep,
Where shall come call for adornment.
3
Today too you feel tired
But yesterday also, you didn’t spin;
O how long the Heavenly Kin
Ye fool! Shall confer His favour.
4
Though wheel be broke yet spin it
Till the yearn given to you is done;
And with accurst idleness O girl
Never your’self’, let you knit;
Who can at a new wheel sit
Knows not she if weaving at all?
5
Spinning malice in their hearts
Who may weave whatso fine;
Of these not a single twine,
The cotton lord ever accepted.
6
But spinning love in their hearts
Who weave whatso may coarse;
Of thse, the Lord doth endorse
All yarn without even weighin.
7
Shuttle twisted, threads entangled
O what do I but weave?
How long I bring to my wheel
All things from others, O I grieve;
Yet I shall shine I believe
Were HE to learn to me in His love.
8
Taking yarn in her apron
She roams from door to door;
I’m a weaver, ah poor,
O some one hlp me in the spinning.
9
Taking yarn in my apron
While I looked from door to door;
Ah, there breathing is none,
All my friends have gone to sleep.
10
Early in morning in their hearts
Who turn His wheel within;
Though they may not spin
Yet the cotton lord is very fond of them.
11
Cording when they weighed my cotton
Many tangles, they did to me bring
The Lord calling me unto Himself
Asked me O why such failing?
“Sir1 I was good-for-nothing
the knots could not be unraveled by me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment